Sunday, October 28, 2012

Challenge 92 - String Theory v. XIV Stripes 2.0

Straight forward directions for the challenge this week - create a Zentangle using Stripes as the string.  Since I don't as a rule look to see what others have done prior to creating my own piece, I also did not go back to see what I had submitted for Challenge 24 - the last time Stripes was the challenge prompt.

I ended up  creating two. The first one I did on the standard square tile and the 2nd on a round Zendala tile.  I planned to use a blank round tile but when I went to pull it out of the tin, one of the pre-strung ones caught my eye - just calling to be stripes.  Did not use any of the patterns I had intended to use with the round tile - instead I went simple using only lines to create stripes.  For some reason the scanner did not pick up the shading very well but I really like the way it came out on the tile.

The square tile started out as my practice tile - trying out a few tangles as stripes, but then it just morphed into it's own little thing.  It's a little rough around the edges but then many of mine end up that way!


Challenge 92  Stripes as the String






click on image for larger view

8 comments:

Helen said...

both lovely interpretations :)

Alice said...

i love your second tile! the patterns are work together so well!

Dianne said...

I like them both. Never would have thought of using the stripe challenge on a Zendala tile. But that's what's great about seeing everyone's work. Getting those "ah hah" ideas.

Cathy said...

I love the simplicity of the first, it is fabulous. Great work!

Didisch said...

Very creative interpretion of the challenge.

Donald Wilka said...

Like them both. Like the Zendala but like the variety of the tangles in the second.

ledenzer said...

I love the creativity of how you used stripes in your own way. It is a very appealing tile!

Anne's tangle blog said...

Both are very beautiful; the zendala is gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated on older posts so comments will not appear immediately.