Sunday, November 25, 2012

Diva Challenge 96 Zinger

Zinger is the latest pattern announced by Zentangle HQ -  Maria has used it for quite some time but it  now has an official name - courtesy of a fellow CZT from seminar 4 Sue Clark.  The Nov. 18th Zentangle Newsletter has the step-out of the pattern and the story of how it came to be called Zinger.

I'm no longer in possession of the first tile I did for the challenge - I made several tiles to give to folks at our Thanksgiving gathering.  My plan was to scan them before I left but somewhere along the line it just did not get done.  I didn't realize my error until I was getting ready to create a post for the challenge.  Back to the drawing board - decided to give myself another challenge and use more of the floral/organic patterns. I love the look of them and admire the many ways that others use them but mine just never quite come out the way I want them.   One of my talents seems to be the ability to wilt, wither and kill off plants of any kind - on paper or in pots!   My brother has the better "green zentangle thumb" in the family!  Oh well it's a challenge so I'm not going to hide them.


Zinger

click image for larger view
 Silkpod the tangle in the lower right corner is a new one from  cuz' Dianne



1 comment:

Anne's tangle blog said...

I like both your tiles! Don't be so hard on yourself, the Zinger garden is a lot of fun and nice to look at. Thew second one is intriging because of the tangles escaping the square.

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated on older posts so comments will not appear immediately.