Friday, January 16, 2015

Bi-Zen-Tennial Celebration


The Diva Challenge hits 200 this week - time to celebrate with "taking it to the edge" with our "mac 'n cheese" tangle.  I have a few favorites to choose from but decided to go with Hollibaugh as it's a pattern I did for 10 years on gourds before I even knew Zentangle existed.  It was hard to give up the gourd art but I found Zentangle a few months later and finding Hollibaugh there was comforting and welcoming.  It's so versatile, I love teaching it, and I love getting lost in it - truly a zen pattern for me.

Update: Reposting the tile with 200 added. I had included it early on when working the tangle but as the hollibaugh grew I'd blacked it in and then forgot to add it back. 

Those of you that strained to find it - sorry about that - it's there now!






Still woodburning - a new item - decorative wall hook 4" x 4" basswood.










9 comments:

Katie C said...

Gorgeous woodburnings! How inspiring!!

Shelly Beauch said...

An a-maze-ing tile Suzanne, I could get lost all day in there! Your wood burnings are looking so very good!!

Tangles and More said...

Great Hollibaugh. Did I miss it or did you miss putting in the #. Like the wall hooks. I still have not had time to experiment with the the new tool. Now the big thing is getting the taxes done. Always seems to be something.

Anne's tangle blog said...

Your Hollibaugh is very different and very beautiful.

Betsy Wilson CZT14 said...

I love how Hollibaugh has some crooks do it! And so much of it! The woodburning is fantastic!

Alice said...

wow! that's a lot of detail in your tile! looks like that took awhile :) and your woodburning tiles - they remind me of harry potter and hogwarts :) awesome!

jeanchaneyaz said...

Very different Hollibaugh, but I like the jogs you put in. Nice woodburning too!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

ok...so I made the mistake of doing this without my glasses! That hollibaugh is stunning, couldn't find the 200 though, so I am blaming that on lack of eye correction. LOL! Your woodworking pieces are beautiful!

Loca said...

Love the tangle.

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated on older posts so comments will not appear immediately.