Thursday, June 17, 2010

Zentangle in San Diego

So begins a new artistic adventure  - Zentangle.  About 6 months ago I had to give up a passion of the last 6 years - creating gourd art.  My lungs decided they would no longer tolerate the dust and mold that is ever present in working with gourds.  It was a difficult decision in that gourds introduced me to the artist I never knew lived within me and yet it was an easy decision in that I had no desire to compromise my health.

At first some of the grieving was thinking that I'd lost the artist as well - never having done anything very artistic before I found gourds.  I did finally right myself and realized the artist still lived.   I just didn't know what the art form would be - that is until I stumbled upon Zentangle - it was love at first sight!  It's been a wonderful adventure learning, exploring, creating and connecting online with other zentangle artists.

The most exciting news - in October I'll be attending a seminar in Massachusetts to become a CZT - Certified Zentangle Teacher.  I'm looking forward to teaching and sharing Zentangle with others.

If you want to explore the world of Zentangle please visit some of the amazing sites listed in links - you won't be disappointed.


Samples of my start with zentangle

Hurry

Paradox Rox



Tangles used in a predefined shape



Woodburned - 6" birchwood square

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated on older posts so comments will not appear immediately.