Sunday, June 10, 2012

Zendala Dare 9

It is the 9th week of the Zendala Dare hosted by  Erin at The Bright Owl.  I've completed several but I"m a little behind in getting them posted.  Doing a little catch up and posting a few of the others with this post.

Trying something different with this tile - leaving more open/white space.  While I understand the importance of open/white space my tendency is to fill in the whole string or tile.  I find it hard to strike the right balance and not think a tile is unfinished just because it has open spaces.  I like this tile but there is still a strong urge to pick up the pen and keep working on it.

click on any image for a larger view

 Zendala Dare #9

 
Zendala Dare #3



Zendala Dare #4



Zendala Dare #5



10 comments:

Sue Sharp said...

These are all delightful. The white space you've left in this week's dare gives the eye more room to appreciate the detail in your beads. I 'specially like your dare #4 though - the "surfboard" pattern is terrific

Unknown said...

I like the open space too. I also have trouble knowing when to stop.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I did not leave much white space in this one, know what you mean though.

Annemarie Huijts

Cathy said...

All your tiles are great. I have the same problem with white space.

Fiona D said...

I love the open space in this weeks dare. It makes your beads stand out even more.

Karen Lynn said...

Four great zendalas!

Alice said...

wow! you've been super busy! they are all wonderful! i liked the one for this week - i like the open spaces - and you are so right! it's hard to leave them there, but this zendala really called for it - beautiful work!

Susan said...

Love all the white space you left in the first one! Very eye-catching! ALL of these tiles look fabulous!

ledenzer said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow, and super wow for them all. Each so unique and beautiful!

Sue Clark said...

All of these pieces are beautiful! I really like the open spaces in the first one, and the beautiful beads.

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated on older posts so comments will not appear immediately.